CC / CS6 / CS5 / CS4 / CS3 / CS2 / CS / 10 / 9 / 8 / 3
Hello Fellow Illustrator Users,
It’s not a free service, but there is only a small fee of $5 per file to backward save (also known as down saving) an Adobe Illustrator file to a version you can open, whether it is a .ai or .eps file. Illustrator files are Windows/Mac independent so it doesn’t matter which platform you use.
Average turnaround time for the down saved files is currently: 12 Hours
Note: Down saving files from newer CS versions may cause layout features to be modified or omitted when you open the document in earlier versions if the features aren’t available in previous versions. Therefore the quality of the graphics can’t be guaranteed once down saved but in almost all cases it saves loads of time in having to recreate it from scratch.
I can down save your Illustrator files into the format you need to be able to open them in your CS version of Adobe Illustrator and get your project on the way.
For example, If you have a CS6 file and you only have Illustrator CS3 I can convert it into a CS3 version for you.
Below you will find more information on downsaving and my service. If you still have any questions, feel free to email me: alex@SPAMstokesdesignproject.com
4 easy steps to have your files down saved:
- Make paypal payment to: alex@SPAMstokesdesignproject.com
- Email Illustrator file(s) to: conversions@SPAMstokesdesignproject.com
Illustrator file too large to email? *
- In the email include Paypal reference, which CS version the file is in
and what version you need it to be in.
- I’ll send you the down saved file(s) back to you.
* If the Illustrator file(s) are too large to send by email there are lots of ways to get the Illustrator file to me, here’s a couple as an example: www.WeTransfer.com – Which is easy, free and no sign up required or you could upload it onto an ftp site and send me the details.
How Down Saving Works
As you probably have noticed you can open files from earlier versions of the Adobe Illustrator software but not later ones. This is because the newer software has newer coding, features, structure, etc. that earlier versions can’t understand. But Adobe have an option to save as a file to be compatiable with pervious versions of the software.
- All Illustrator software versions can down save to any previous version: CC, CS6, CS5, CS4, CS3, CS2, CS, 10, 9, 8, 3
What’s been said about my File Conversion Services
“Thank you! Also wow that was very fast. Will definitely bookmark :)”
“This is great- Thank you. It’ll certainly save me tons of time.”
“You saved my life! 🙂 I will certainly use your service again.”
“I received the files and everything opened up correctly. I will make sure to save you in my address book for future conversions.”
“It’s working great. Thanks for the extremely quick turnaround.”
Illustrator, Adobe, CC, Creative Cloud, CS6, CS5, CS4, CS3, CS2, CS, AI, eps, format, down save, backward saving